To be perfectly honest...
1.) I HATE watching movies that make me feel sad or depressed. This pretty much means any major Oscar contender in the last few years. Why? Because life is too short to spend 2 hours watching somebody else be miserable. Consequently my Netflix queue looks something like this: The Benchwarmers, Mystery Science Theater 3000: Santa Claus verse Aliens from Mars, and The Sandlot. You'd think that because I'm a filmmaker I'd be embarrassed, but I'm really not.
2.) I am a sucker for really crappy reality television. Like really crappy. It's not on purpose. It just happens and I hate myself for watching it. That being said...
3.) Flav-a-Flav is BRILLIANT and here's why: he's not good looking, he's not cultured, he's not smart, he's not tremendously funny (on purpose anyway), he's not that talented and despite this he's managed to get VH1 to pay him to stay in an incredible house, all expenses paid, while a group of women fight to have sex with him. Granted these women aren't exactly good looking, cultured, smart, funny or talented either, but I don't think he cares--he just wants to get laid. So shout out to the man for working the system.
4.) Staying on top of the indie music scene is just too time consuming. Have you ever noticed that if you are really into music and you start talking to somebody else who's really into music it turns into this bizarre competition of who knows the most obscure band? So in order to keep your cred you end up spending all of this time researching all of these bands and downloading and for the most part they aren't that great which you would NEVER admit. Who's got the time for it?
5.) I have never (and I'm going to get SO MUCH CRAP for this) been able to sit and listen to a Death Cab for Cutie album all of the way through. It's kind of like Norah Jones for me--wonderful background music but damned if I could name one song. I'M SORRY! I HAVE TO ADMIT IT! I'VE BEEN LIVING THE LIE FOR SO LONG! DON'T HATE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.) I REALLY hate Nickelback. At least I think it's Nickelback--I've never actually bothered to figure out the name of the band. Whatever the band is with the lead singer with the kinda longer wavey blond hair. I just mainly want to punch him in the neck.
7.) I cannot stand Angelina Jolie and all of her "aren't I an amazing humanitarian" crap. I'm sorry, I have a really hard time respecting anybody who travels to impoverished countries by either private jet or on first class and stays at a $1000 a night hotel while she's there. That and I'm totally team Aniston.
8.) I'm tired of talking about politics. I'm tired of hearing people bitch about George Bush and the war in Iraq. I'm not saying that I like the guy, I'm just saying that I'm sick of hearing people bitch about it. At a certain point I think that if it bothers you that bad that you should do something about it. Complaining about it isn't making it change any faster. And I'm specifically talking about you, random lady in the coffee bean-I just wanted my green tea ice blended.
9.) Green Tea Ice Blendeds are oddly good. And by "oddly good" I mean "friggin' awesome".
10.) I am baffled by this week's Project Runway. I feel the urge to seek out Michael Kors and have a long and very stern conversation with him. What started out as a fun challenge quickly spiraled into a very dark and disturbing place where Captain Basket Hat actually got to win a challenge. I swear if he ends up in the top 3 I'm quitting. Did they learn NOTHING from the whole Wendy Pepper experience? I've been with them since Season 1 and I don't want to have to leave because of their bad choices.
That's all I have to say about that.
2.) I am a sucker for really crappy reality television. Like really crappy. It's not on purpose. It just happens and I hate myself for watching it. That being said...
3.) Flav-a-Flav is BRILLIANT and here's why: he's not good looking, he's not cultured, he's not smart, he's not tremendously funny (on purpose anyway), he's not that talented and despite this he's managed to get VH1 to pay him to stay in an incredible house, all expenses paid, while a group of women fight to have sex with him. Granted these women aren't exactly good looking, cultured, smart, funny or talented either, but I don't think he cares--he just wants to get laid. So shout out to the man for working the system.
4.) Staying on top of the indie music scene is just too time consuming. Have you ever noticed that if you are really into music and you start talking to somebody else who's really into music it turns into this bizarre competition of who knows the most obscure band? So in order to keep your cred you end up spending all of this time researching all of these bands and downloading and for the most part they aren't that great which you would NEVER admit. Who's got the time for it?
5.) I have never (and I'm going to get SO MUCH CRAP for this) been able to sit and listen to a Death Cab for Cutie album all of the way through. It's kind of like Norah Jones for me--wonderful background music but damned if I could name one song. I'M SORRY! I HAVE TO ADMIT IT! I'VE BEEN LIVING THE LIE FOR SO LONG! DON'T HATE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.) I REALLY hate Nickelback. At least I think it's Nickelback--I've never actually bothered to figure out the name of the band. Whatever the band is with the lead singer with the kinda longer wavey blond hair. I just mainly want to punch him in the neck.
7.) I cannot stand Angelina Jolie and all of her "aren't I an amazing humanitarian" crap. I'm sorry, I have a really hard time respecting anybody who travels to impoverished countries by either private jet or on first class and stays at a $1000 a night hotel while she's there. That and I'm totally team Aniston.
8.) I'm tired of talking about politics. I'm tired of hearing people bitch about George Bush and the war in Iraq. I'm not saying that I like the guy, I'm just saying that I'm sick of hearing people bitch about it. At a certain point I think that if it bothers you that bad that you should do something about it. Complaining about it isn't making it change any faster. And I'm specifically talking about you, random lady in the coffee bean-I just wanted my green tea ice blended.
9.) Green Tea Ice Blendeds are oddly good. And by "oddly good" I mean "friggin' awesome".
10.) I am baffled by this week's Project Runway. I feel the urge to seek out Michael Kors and have a long and very stern conversation with him. What started out as a fun challenge quickly spiraled into a very dark and disturbing place where Captain Basket Hat actually got to win a challenge. I swear if he ends up in the top 3 I'm quitting. Did they learn NOTHING from the whole Wendy Pepper experience? I've been with them since Season 1 and I don't want to have to leave because of their bad choices.
That's all I have to say about that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home