Saturday, January 14, 2006

the title

as some of you might have noticed I have been changing my title of my blog with primarily misquotes from movies (because I never quite get it right). Well "We are not Machines" is actually not a quote from a film but my favorite "I'm so frustrated with the my job" story that I've heard so far from any NBC employee. My new friend Debbie, who is actually Tannan's boss and let us stay at her apartment for a couple of nights, is having some problems with her Italian employees. The Italian PSA (Production Services Assistant) have been working for her since the fall. From the beginning she's had some trouble getting them to understand that working for an American company was quite different from working for an Italian one. For example, when she was having them inventory one day by opening all of the boxes that they had stored from Greece and counting the contents, she caught one employee just putting boxes on the shelf. When she asked what he was doing he said to her, "it is impossible to do this thing that you ask, this counting. Impossible." That kind of stuff. So when she told them that starting in the new year they were no longer going to have weekends off and 2 hour lunches with breaks every 2 hours one employee said in shock, "Debbie, We are not Machines." That has turned into the slogan of the games--We are not Machines. I'm making T-Shirts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home