Thursday, December 08, 2005

It only took me 3 months to update again

Let's face it, I don't have the attention span for this. This, or e-mailing, or letter writing of any kind. Now you see why it was a small miracle that I managed to be a history major and graduate. But, because I do like the idea of blogging and because I'm going to be in Italy for 3 months I'm going to try something new: short updates. And it pretty much doesn't matter because there is no way that anybody even bothers to read this anymore. So that makes it awesome and more diary like. Here's my new thoughts:

WEDDING: we have a location, photographer, officiant, and florist--but no food so Round Table it is. Speaking of Round Table, we went there the other night and there was a guy in his 30's that it was his first night. He was SO PROUD of his new job, he just--and I hate this term and don't use it lightly--beamed while we were there and was so excited. You could tell he was just stoked to have a job and get a paycheck. It was very humbling for me. If that were me, I'd be so embarrassed that I had to work at Round Table, like it were beneath me somehow. I came to realize that I think entirely too much of myself sometimes. Anyway wedding stuff. Gonna have it at friends of Tannan's in Ramona. That's right, you heard me. Ramona. Actually it' gonna be fun. Plus they have goats.

ITALY: no job yet, but I got a really cheap ticket from my aunt and everybody keeps saying that once I'm there it'll be no problem so there you go. Regardless of work, it'll still be awesome to go to Italy. And frickin' cold.

HIP: found out 2 days ago that My hip is actually fixable. Instead of it being the laundry list of things that the OTHER doctors told me, my hip specialist (yes I have a specialist, and that's only because I pretty much have really bad pain daily and can barely walk sometimes so the "sorry kid" bullshit that I was getting before didn't fly well with me) said that my hip joint is twisted so that what is supposed to be on top is pointing out. It means surgery, but that'll fix it so I'm all for that. It'll take me 10 weeks to recover so we don't want to do it until after the wedding, but you gotta feel bad for poor Tannan. Barely a newlywed and he's going to have to go 2 months without sex. Needless to say we're looking at doing it next fall. Anyway I'm stoked.

Ok, that's it for now. Bye Bye

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwww... cadaver....

YAY FOR UPDATING YOUR BLOG! i've probably checked it daily for the past 2.5 months. Each time i said 'Today is the day Whit will update.' At last! Short updates are good. Especially when you explain to your friends why the heck you were in Philadelphia...?

i'm so glad your wedding is progressing! i was starting to picture it happening in your culdesac, which would so not work with my dress. :)

9:31 AM  
Blogger winnie niemeyer said...

it's a christmas miracle!!!

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for updating. I,like the other fools leaving comments, do check your blog and think one day you will come around, and just know that this made my weekend. I like to hear how my friends are doing. I didn't even know about your hip...I'm sure there are ways you guys can procreate while your hip is recovering. Us married folk will do some research for you

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home